Quantcast

Zooming in Chrome Browser

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Sito, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Sito

Sito New Member

Hi there
    Is there anyway to zoom the image in the Chrome Browser on the Co-Star? I'd like to watch Basketball with the NBA League Pass and while the page loads correctly its size is fixed which means the controls at the bottom are out of view. If I could make the image size smaller these controls should become visible (at least that is the idea :))

I could not find anything about zooming in the manual...any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Lars

2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi Lars

CTRL with +(plus) key

CTRL + Up/Down Arrow

HTH

Carl

3. Sito

Sito New Member

Ha, cool, thank you very much, can't wait to try it out :)

4. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

I experimented a lot with this last night, and I was able to pinch-zoom the screen smaller on my Sony (or use Ctrl-Up/Down). That exposed the rest of the screen, and most importantly the maximize button. Unfortunately, when I tried to maximize a live game, it would never load and play. On the other hand, when I did the same with an archived game it worked great - and I could even use the mosaic mode. I love the fact that we can hide the scores, but the inability to use FF or REW, let alone 30-second skip is annoying. I did find I can skip about a minute ahead if I click with the touchpad just to the right of the current play marker. Still, that's pretty fussy. I could play live games if I left the player in the initial medium mode, and even adjust things a bit by closing the scores and zooming the window, but since I couldn't pan down, I couldn't get it to fill the screen exactly. The video quality was pretty good give or take a few hiccups - but it was a lot better than last year when they clearly couldn't handle the load from the fans trying out the free period. In other words, the Google Tv could really use a new NBA app. There actually is one now, but for whatever reason it doesn't play LP video.

5. Sito

Sito New Member

Thanks for sharing this information. It worked pretty much the same way on my Vizio Co-Star although I only tried live games, no replays. I could zoom out which allowed me to see the game selection panel/ I could then drag and drop the game into the player and it would load and play without any problem. But if I click on full-screen the game doesn't load.

I have contacted nba.com to ask if they are planning to ever support google TV...no reply yet, I will share it here if I get one. But so far it's either League Pass on the Vizio but not in full-screen or connecting my laptop to the TV which works great but sort of is what I wanted to avoid by buying the Co-Star :(

6. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

Off topic, but I find it ironic that we spend so much time on our phones, tablets, and streaming devices trying to work around things that a PC can do perfectly fine. Microsoft really messed up by not finding a way to provide binary compatibility across their platforms, and Google seems out to repeat the mistake. I have an NBA app on my Android phone that can play LP video, why can't I run it on my Google Tv? A lot of people run HTPC's rather than a dedicated streaming device, heck I have one myself. It just doesn't work the way it should work.

• Like Like x 2
  7. sssharp

sssharp New Member

I cannot get the ctrl plus arrows on back to move the screen. Am I reading this wrong please help for watching games full screen.
    It is reminding me why I have not used this in a long time, and only watch with the roku.

8. plac

plac New Member

Control and the "plus key" or "minus key".