Quantcast

YouTube TV: Live streaming TV for $35 per month (with 40 channels, cloud DVR)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Mar 1, 2017.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

"Google is the latest company to enter the internet TV space. YouTube TV is coming soon, and the $35/month service will let you watch dozens of channels live over the internet, including ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, CW, ESPN, USA, and FX."

*For full article visit the following link:

https://liliputing.com/2017/02/yout...-35-per-month-with-40-channels-cloud-dvr.html

2. CatfishRivers

• Like Like x 1
  3. CatfishRivers

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I haven't tried the YouTube TV streaming service but I have been subscribed to DirecTV NOW since launch and other than a few glitches, it has worked great for me. For only $40/month, I get around 100 channels including HBO and Cinemax, at least until the promotion rate ends, hopefully no time soon. Far and away DirecTV NOW is the best pay TV service value for my needs at the current rate. It does only allow 2 streams, there is no DirecTV NOW DVR and some of the online streaming services for the various channels don't accept DirecTV NOW log-in credentials but PlayOn Plus DVR works for recording.

I did try Sling TV for a free trial and liked it but not well enough to subscribe. YouTube TV and PlayStation Vue both look fine to me but fall far short of DirecTV NOW in terms of value and I don't think either allow browser access which means no PlayOn Plus DVR although there may be cloud DVR access which I am not interested in.