Quantcast

YouTube subscription - like Netflix

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by revue5, May 6, 2013.

1. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  2. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I would be interested if some of the major TV networks compiled some of their older TV shows for a $1.99/month subscription plan on YouTube. I'm not a big fan of ala carte purchases of individual TV shows.

The costs add up quickly - and usually one ends up spending more than if they had a cable TV subscription. I would not really be interested in paying for a subscription to indie content that is currently free - such as Machinima web series.

But supposedly the pay subscrption content will be of higher quality then their free offerings? Meh - we'll see. I don't expect the TV networks/Hulu to unblock GTV for free online content. If you want it ya gotta pay one way or the other... -;)

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I am finding a lot to watch on YouTube as things are now, movies, traditional TV shows and made for the web shows. Of course $1.99 isn't much and if Google really can get access to something different or better, I will sure consider it. I will be very surprised if I do subscribe however.

5. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

With YouTube having over 1 billion unique monthly visitors... , maybe Netflix (or others) can generate more revenue offering its current instant streaming subscription for $1.99 a month on this new YouTube subscription service, take advantage of their servers & Google gets their cut … :D

6. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Not Netflix - but I think it's something that the TV networks might consider. Not with their "top tier" programming - but maybe with secondary and older content.

7. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 9, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  8. twospirits

twospirits Member

hmmm, there are a couple of channels on there that I've never seen. i just might subscribe to them. Thanks for the link.