Quantcast

YouTube Playlist and Subscription Navigation Question

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by Mycroft, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Mycroft

Mycroft New Member

Hi,

I’m new to the board and to Google TV. I have a Logitec Revue and I have a small frustration with the YouTube app.

Is there a way to drill down into playlists and subscriptions in the YouTube app for Google TV? Every other YouTube client I’ve seen has this ability, but it seems that in this implementation the only way to see videos other than the first one in a subscription, favorites list, or playlist is to play the first video, pause it, arrow down twice and scroll to the right. In my opinion this is a very cumbersome way of browsing videos. On top of that only the first 15-20 videos in each list or subscription is available. I’ve tried every key on the keyboard, but I can’t seem to find a way around this limitation. Am I missing something or is this the only way to navigate?

2. dmets

dmets New Member

It also took me a while to figure it out, but just use the down arrow several times - it eventually gets to a navigable thumbnail list. Something that should have been pretty darn simple - wasn't. I didn't see one hint anywhere. I didn't realize it didn't show the full playlist... How do you get the full list to show?

While the youtube app looks nice - functionality isn't there or isn't easy to access:

It is too easy to back out of a search and loose it.
    It is too difficult to search effectively
    It is too difficult to use playlists (your own and others)

All in all these things significantly reduce the usability of the app. Looks nice - but in the end - how it works is actually more important.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012