Quantcast

YouTube pairing on Sony NSZ-GS7

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by idic, Aug 7, 2012.

1. idic

idic New Member

I posted this in the device specific forum, but I wonder if anyone with a different setup can offer any advice. I remember seeing a review of a recent YouTube phone app update which added the ability to send videos to the YouTube TV app. I can't find this functionality on the NSZ-GS7's YouTube app. Am I missing something, or is it not supported yet? The instructions say to go to My YouTube section of the app and scroll right and click Pair, but I can find no Pair option there or in the settings.

I know it can be done using Able Remote, but it would be good to be able to do it natively, particularly as it allows for the video to be brought back to the phone/tablet. I'd be grateful for any advice, or if anyone can get an apk for their version of YouTube that has this functionality! Thanks.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

3. redpandaalex

redpandaalex New Member

Not sure if this is what you're talking about, but if you install the Google TV Remote app and pair it with your Google TV, you can be watching a video on your phone and share it with the Google TV Remote app, which will cause the video to open on your Google TV.

4. halox

halox New Member

True ... plus, since you've got a Sony box, you can also use their Media Remote app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sony.seconddisplay.view&hl=en

It will let you catch and throw links from your phone to the GTV.

5. halox

halox New Member

Wait, wait, wait ... forget what I said...

HERE'S WHAT YOU WANT ... You want YOUTUBE REMOTE on your phone. I remember using this ... I just haven't for a while and forgetten about it. It lets you watch youtube vids, and fling them to the TV, and control them from your phone, and cue up the next one from your phone...

Dang ... Google releases a lot of products. I totally forgot that I used to love this one.
    Here's a video (Also, don't listen to what this guy says about being on the same wifi - that doesn't matter. You just have to be logged in as the same account. You could be five states over if you wanted to and still be controlling what's on the google TV) :

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    • Like Like x 2