Quantcast

Youtube Mobile as a Remote for Youtube on GTV

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by tamanaco, Nov 13, 2012.

1. tamanaco

tamanaco New Member

I just saw this post in the Youtube blog announcing a feature to send Youtube videos from your phone to your TV. Essentially making your mobile device running the Youtube App a remote for the Youtube App running on your TV. (Btw, this is "similar" to the Youtube Remote App, but not the same). I can see the option to Add Youtube TV (pair) in the Youtube app version 4.1.23 running on my Android phone to the Youtube running on the TV... But the GTV Youtube Application does not have an option to pair as described here. My Revue is running update 3.2 and the Youtube App version 1.4.2 (4281). Is anyone out there running a version of the Youtube app on the Revue that has the "Pair" option under MY Youtube option?

Edit: I tried using the pairing code generated for Google TV remote on Youtube for Android, but the Youtube App on Android only accepts "numeric" codes not the "alphanumeric" codes that the GTV generates.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  2. googlethis

googlethis New Member

I have the Sony GTV NSZ-GS7 and the YouTube app was updated yesterday to 1.5 and in the options it has the ability to pair with a phone. Haven't tried it yet as I really have no use for it and I have an iphone. It says you can pair Android and other phones.

3. tamanaco

tamanaco New Member

Earlier today the Youtube 1.5 app update showed up in my Revue. This version does have the option to pair with mobile devices. I was able to pair Youtube on the Revue successfully with my SGSIII and Nexus 7 and play some videos. I find it useful to view favorite videos that I have saved in my mobile devices over time using different Google accounts.