Quantcast

Youtube/Gmail not linked?

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by mdovell, Feb 10, 2012.

1. mdovell

mdovell New Member

I'm trying to use the youtube application. It works fine but when I log in with my gmail account it states the accounts are not linked and to go to youtube.

If I log into youtube it recognizes the gmail account...should I just uninstall the youtube player and install it again? Seems a tad annoying. I like the interphase better than using chrome to go to youtube

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

PLenty of other threads say, "create a YouTube channel", with your account on a computer that works will fix it for you.

3. Boomn4x4

Boomn4x4 New Member

Just went through this exact same thing a week ago or so. Google has been automatically updattheir accounts to a new format. This format requires your YouTube account to have a "channel" associated with it. For whatever reason, when YouTube updates your existing account, it doesn't create a "channel" for you... this causes the account to not work on other devices ( if you log into YouTube on your android tablet or phone you will get the same error message ).

To fix it, you need to log into you YouTube avount on a computer, go into your channel. It will tell you you don't have a channel and ask you to create one. Once you do, your account will be synchronized with you Google TV / android phone it tablet.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk