Quantcast

YouTube for GoogleTV APK

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by oblivion0, Apr 9, 2015.

1. oblivion0

oblivion0 New Member

Recently got auto-updated to the very nerfed new version of the YouTube app for GTV (funny they bothered to update at all...considering they're officially dropping support this month).

Does anyone have a copy of the version before this last update so I can sideload pretty please?

Thanks.

2. oblivion0

oblivion0 New Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I still expect this app to be dead pretty soon. Of course install it and use it as long as you can, I will do the same.

4. slyder0244

slyder0244 New Member

Thank you thank you thank you. The new version is like some poorly designed barely functional front end for the browser. You can't find anything easily, it doesn't use up the screen space wisely, and half the buttons don't work.

5. socalmaciek

socalmaciek New Member

I updated my YouTube app on my Google TV. Other apps work find. I go to sign in, it tells me to go to youtube.com/activate and gives me a code. I have done this about a dozen times over the last month and still no go. I use the code, click "Accept" and get a confirmation that my accounts are synced. I go back to You Tube and try to sign in and get the same message to go to activate and it shows a new code. YouTube works fine I just acan login to my account and subscriptions. I deleted it and tried to go back to my old YouTube app, but that version no longer worked. So now I have it.... unfotunately it's a huge step backwards. Bad use of screen space. Now when I go to Chrome and longin the videos play but with more buffering now than before. I play the same favorite videos and the they take forever and always skip in the beginning.

6. ChrisG8

What Google TV model are you using? The old YouTube app is still working for me using a Sony NSZ-GT1 but I can't say if all or even most videos will play, I have not used it much recently. I am running version 1.7.6.

7. socalmaciek

socalmaciek New Member

Hey Chris- Thanks for the quick reply. I have Sony Model NSZ-GS7. I tried deleting the new updated version and going back to the old one, but it no longer worked. I got a message before the update warning me that Google TV would eventually stop supporting the previous version. Will try calling Sony. Thx.

8. ronnycopeh

ronnycopeh Member

The latest version is working for me on CoStar

9. malaugh

malaugh New Member

I just updated, what a piece of crap. The screen is full of blank space so navigating to the videos is much harder. The subscriptions page shows every new video thumbnail twice. The navigation buttons do not work any more. Just garbage.

I did find out how to activate my account. When you go to the sign on screen the app gives you a code. You need to go to the youtube.com/activate web page on another computer. If you use the chrome browser on the Google TV it doe not work.

10. soccoffee

soccoffee New Member

Please give me new apk file of youtube for google tv. Thanks you so much. Ver 1.7.6 has out.

11. guest

guest Active Member

How about the HTML5 Player for YouTube as a substitute? We're trying it out now. YouTube

12. ChrisG8

Ver. 1.7.6 is dead for me, nothing but the message to update to the new version.

13. sudheerreddy

sudheerreddy New Member

I am using GS7 model remote, Can you guys help me on remote. It is really poor design. How i can use youtube app? Key board functions are not working for youtube.

Thanks
    Reddy