Quantcast

youtube crash

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by aprasanna, Nov 5, 2013.

1. aprasanna

aprasanna New Member

I bought new nsz-gs8. I am loving it except. The youtube app when i log into my youtube account it is crashing. What i have treid so far
    • Restart
    • Reset to factory
    • Updated to new version
    • rolledback.
    • Tried some youtube setting
    If i don't log in, than everything works fine with respect to youtube. I am surprise to see native youtube does not work in google TV. I am not sure what google is doing about.

Anyone have any help

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Go to your system settings and then "Force Stop" & "Clear Data" from the YouTube app.

3. aprasanna

aprasanna New Member

I have tried that. No use. Any other options

4. retroben

retroben Active Member

You can actually use an HD mod of the mobile YouTube app found at xda forums.

But its not the same...

IT'S WAY BETTER! ! ! !

Since our GTV version is broken,this is now true,especially since it has by day/week/month based search extras AND channel/playlist support as well.

Here is the page below with seperate APKs for normal,dark,and blue (holo).
    You don't even hafta log in,YAY!

[MOD] YouTube 4.4.11 (v5b), *1080p* / 720p HD (over WiFi & 3G), screen off playback - xda-developers

I have the dark inverted themed one and it works perfectly on my GS7,at least when compared to the for GTV version.

For HD playback,go to advanced settings and enable it for Wi-Fi and there is another setting to enable 1080P.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  5. malaugh

malaugh New Member

I have the same problem. If I sign on to YouTube, the app crashes immediately, if I do not sign on, it only crashes occasionally. I have been experimenting with my YouTube account, and it seems to be related to the number of subscribed channels. If the number is below around 20 it will work, but above that its crashes. I had it working OK (for the new version of YouTube, that means it only crashes every hour), added a couple of subscriptions, and it started crashing immediately again.

I have been looking for someone with an APK file for the old version (which never crashes) but so far I have been unsuccessful.

I do not know what is happening with Google, they must be aware of this (the app get mostly single stars in the play store reviews), but do not seem to care. its been this way since the new app was released 6 months ago.

6. Travel

Travel Active Member

I have a GS7 (which is the same box as the GS8) bought just four months ago and the YouTube app always works fine with never a crash, yet.

You've already tried every fix that I can think of except (because it may be related to the log-in): try signing-up on the "Google+" site; I had a problem with the YouTube app on the Revue a long time ago, where I couldn't log-in on the YouTube app until I linked my account by signing-up on Google+.
    Where this is somewhat similar to your experience is that, although I could play YouTube videos on the app, I couldn't log-in in order to get into the "personal menu features" of "Playlists," "watch later," favorites," etc., without having first linked the account by signing up on Google+. I don't know why this was necessary, but it did work.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013