Quantcast

YouTube app updated just now

Discussion in 'Sony NSZ-GT1' started by polardude1983, Nov 1, 2012.

1. polardude1983

polardude1983 New Member

Just got a YouTube update and checked it out but did not see anything new. Am I missing something? By my settings it's version 1.4.2

2. Gaberlunzi

Gaberlunzi New Member

I have the LG 47G2, but I assume the answer is the same, since I also just received a YouTube update. Here is the official answer from the Google Play store:

What's in this version:
    - Free, ad-supported movies playback.
    - Support for ad skipping.
    - Various bug fixes (including access to purchases).

What I noticed: My connection speed is fast enough to stream 360, but not HD. Originally the YouTube app would always try to stream at the maximum resolution available. Then they updated it so that if your connection is not fast enough it would drop to 240, which always looks bad. Now it appears that the app is smart enough to select an appropriate speed. The videos look much better for me now. I prefer to access YouTube through Google Chrome, but I'll consider giving the app another chance.

3. polardude1983

polardude1983 New Member

Same here my Internet cannot stream hd either and could only stream 360. I think the YouTube app will now be a great choice.

4. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

Thanks for the heads up, y'all!

I've been avoiding the app because altho my speed is perfect for HD videos, the app kept bumping me down to a lower stream. Now it seems to recognize my actual speed.

Carl

5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I never received the notification that there was an update for YouTube available. (I'm on the Logitech Revue).

So I went to Google Play Store and clicked "my apps" - then I saw there was an update for YouTube waiting.

I tried several times installing the new update - but nothing ever happened.

I finally got it to update by going to my settings and uninstalling the current YouTube version (1.4.1). I then went back to Google Play and "my apps" - clicked to update the YouTube app again - and the YouTube update (version 1.4.2) installed on the first try.

6. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

The only thing I noticed new was under My Youtube I noticed a new area that says "New From Subscriptions" - When I first checked it out it gave me error 500 and said something like it would not load but then loaded after 2 or 3 tries.

It's at the top of the My Youtube list for me.

7. polardude1983

polardude1983 New Member

The new from subscriptions has always been there for me at least.

• Like Like x 2