Quantcast

Youtube App - How to revert to older version

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by pointvicente, Mar 1, 2014.

1. pointvicente

pointvicente New Member

I just installed the update for Youtube app on my Google TV NSX-40GT1. They changed the layout (less thumbnails). I like the previous version. How do i uninstall the update?

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

If you uninstall the YouTube app it will revert back to the original factory version (version 1.1). I'm not aware of anyway to rollback the YouTube app to the previous version (version 1.7.2)

I have a Logitech Revue and currently I'm using the PS3 YouTube web app (with the GTV Chrome browser). It works good - if you want to check it out here's the link:

http://www.ps3youtube.com/

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

There used to be away to uninstall updates to the YouTube app, I think that ability was removed. You may be able to find the apk of an older version, maybe even ver 1.7.2 but I don't know where.

4. pointvicente

pointvicente New Member

Awesome the uninstall update did the trick. Now I'm back in business. I was hoping the update was an improvement. There was only 1 think i liked about it but now i can't remember what it was. Thanks for the help.

5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi. Can you please post the procedure that you used to uninstall & roll back the GTV YouTube app version? My Revue has issues so I'm not able to test anything related to apps at the moment. To be clear - did you rollback to the previous version (1.7.2) ? Or did you rollback to the initial factory version 1.1 ?

Thanks.......

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014