Quantcast

YouTube and TV and Movies just updated!

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by chopper, Sep 20, 2012.

1. chopper

chopper Active Member

Anyone notice anything major?

2. Sean0977

Sean0977 New Member

Hey Chopper,

Just curious, did you get the TV & Movies app working in Canada with Canadian listings? I take it you must have sideloaded the app.

3. chopper

chopper Active Member

Let's just say that so far I am disapointed in my 2 volunteers for beta testing and I had zero interest from developers/hackers. You are not going to get far if you give up at the first sign of difficulty.

I have set my sights on a bigger prize which is Myth TV DVR Recordings listed as movie sheets with click to play capability on the new Sony GTV box with commercials edited out of the programming. It looks as though the new Sony box will play these recordings out of the box without the need to transcode. I will then have no use for a TV and Movies App unless it is capable of displaying the above content and interacting with Myth TV in such a way that I was able to search for and set recordings on that platform remotely.

Anyone with an interest in the above capabilities is welcome to join me in my efforts. Right now I have limited time for this endeavor and would act as a facilitator and an ideas generator.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  4. chopper

chopper Active Member

There is now an option to use the down arrow on the D-pad to create a new playlist and name it on the fly. There is also an option to easily select play later or add to favorites.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012