Quantcast

"you" "your"

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by mrblint, Jun 2, 2014.

1. mrblint

mrblint New Member

One of the early problems with Netflix was that it had only a single account -- the likes and dislikes of every person in the family were mingled, so that recommendations based on ratings were almost worthless. Does Google TV have the ability to set up multiple user accounts on the same device, so that the viewing preferences of several people are not combined?

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Yes you can set up separate accounts on GTV. Each account can have their own separate GTV bookmarks synced to the device.

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

That is not what is being asked, I think the question regards profiles with Netflix and can a single Netflix account have multiple users with their own history and recommendations. I believe the answer is yes but not with all Google TV models and I don't know which models are a yes and which are a no. I use the Sony NSZ-GT1 and when we open Netlix, the option for Chris or Joy is shown, so it is a yes. I choose Chris and apparently so does Joy since I see silly romance movies have been watched on my profile. She thought choosing her name wouldn't work since the account is mine but I explained that isn't the case to go ahead and start using her own name, she won't have to pay. I can check a couple of other models and see which ones I own work in that manner and which ones don't.

4. drhill

drhill Member

Amazingly, though maybe not in GTV world, the Sony NSZ-GS7/8 does not have a Netflix client that supports profiles. But as ChrisG8 said, my GT1 does. So annoying.

5. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

The Vizio Co-Star is apparently a no, I just checked. I no longer have a Revue connected so I can't confirm that one easily.

6. deadringer28

deadringer28 Active Member

The Hisense Vision with Google TV Android version 4.2.2 does support Profiles. This TV uses a very interesting version of Netflix. When opened it puts out a message stating that "this version of Netflix does not support use of a mouse" so I am thinking this is not the traditional GTV Netflix app. I have never sen that message on any other GTV device for Netflix.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
    • Like Like x 4
  7. ericd

ericd Active Member

My LG 6400 displays the same message at start-up, supports profiles but doesn't support "auto-play next episode". The app hasn't received an update since I received the 4.2 update

I tried sideloading the standard Android Netflix on my LG but it didn't work. It loads up and displays shows but once the video starts the app dies

• Like Like x 2