Quantcast

You Tube App - filter question?

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by chopper, Feb 3, 2012.

1. chopper

chopper Active Member

Is there a way to filter search results ie last month, last week postings first as can be done on a PC?

2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

(sort by date) added to the search topic.

Same for month/year. Cannot do upload date. Experiment for other search filter criteria.

But, I doubt this is what you want. The videos will only sort by topic. So if the search feels that five videos are related than the 'by date' sequence will filter only those videos and will restart the sequence on the first unrelated video, etc.

Hope I explained it clearly.

Carl

3. chopper

chopper Active Member

Please provide an example of a search query?

4. Carlszone

Logitech revue (sort by date)

Notice it starts out by month, then year until it hits upon a less related topic. Then the seqence repeats. I'd rather it worked like the website, and filter all the videos. But this App is extremely limited.

HTH

Carl

5. chopper

chopper Active Member

Got it, here are examples of how to search:

Google TV Feb 2012
    Google TV Jan 2012
    Google TV 2011

Google needs to enable filtering on this app to make it fully functional but this will do for now. Unfortunatly, the search results bring up irrelevant hits with this app and with you tube in general.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  6. chopper

chopper Active Member

Clearly the original youtube is better when searching a topic so if you want it on the homescreen instead of/along side of the leanback version here is what you do. Open google chrome and youtube. Now bookmark it being sure to select add to homescreen. Now launch the home screen and long press the ok button on an app you don't mind replacing and select replace. Finally, use the d pad to find your new youtube launcher and hit ok. The youtube app is now replaced with the old searchable/filterable version. One could do the same thing for any web page they want to open from the homescreen or the apps page. What would be really neat is if someone made an app to store these bookmarks that could be launched from the homescreen much in the way the featured for google tv web pages/apps are set up.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  7. Carlszone

Hi Chopper

I have six pages of Home screen Apps and bookmarks that are targeted to the home screen simply by choosing Booksmarks>Homescreen. I make sure to go into Chrome from the screen I want the App or bookmark to appear on. There are a host of Apps that allow for this, if i'm reading ya clearly.

Carl

8. chopper

chopper Active Member

Guess I'm reinventing the wheel here. Have you found a good way to manage that many apps/bookmarks? I think it won't take me long now to catch up to you.

9. Carlszone

Launcher Pro and a few other Apps I've heard mentioned here work wonders for making bookmarking and home screen Apps easier to perform. I like Launcher Pro because it seems idiot proof. All the others I've looked into are too geekish for my tastes. The less I have to do, the shorter time I spend on-line.

Carl

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012