Quantcast

You Can Forget About Better TV

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Nov 1, 2012.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

You can forget about better TV - Fortune Tech (click for full article)

November 1, 2012: 11:15 AM ET

There's a good reason television tech is a confusing jumble.

By John Patrick Pullen, contributor

FORTUNE -- "Pet sitters must be some of the tech-savviest people around. Take mine, for example. She spends, on average, five nights a week overnighting away from home, navigating a stranger's entertainment center, watching someone else's television, or flipping through a myriad of online content options. In my living room alone there's easily a half-dozen tech pitfalls to fall into. What if the AV receiver misses the signal from the remote? Heaven forbid she bump the wrong button on my Google TV!"

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

The article makes some good points.

I know that much of the streaming content from the Comcast Xfinity TV web site requires Microsoft Silverlight.

IMO the chances of Google TV ever supporting Microsoft Silverlight are slim to nil.

3. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

True.

Normally I would have preferred to get a Chrome notebook. It seemed like it would be a great complement for my Logitech Revue. But then I realized I could get the best of both worlds by adding a Win 8 notebook to the mix. HBO Go, Silver Light, the works! And now that I've learned how to close the notebook and continue streaming to my TV, viewing Netflix, Amazon Instant Videos is just as convenient as the Revue w/out all the headaches. I still use GTV & the TV & Movies App to find content.

When it works...

Carl