Quantcast

Yet another poll shows cable companies’ reputations are in the gutter

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by sparkyscott21, Nov 29, 2013.

1. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

As we’ve observed before, cable companies are not popular in the United States. Various surveys have shown that cable companies have even lower customer satisfaction ratings than airlines or that pay TV companies account for six of the seven worst-rated companies in the U.S. And now Light Reading has conducted a poll of its readers that shows what lots of other polls have shown in recent years: People still really don’t like their cable providers.

When Light Reading asked its readers what the cable industry’s biggest challenge will be in the near future, around 34% cited cable companies’ poor reputations, by far the most popular response in the survey. 23% of readers said that cable companies would be challenged most by their lack of a nationwide footprint while 13% of readers said cable companies would be challenged by not having enough fiber lines.

Cable companies do face some long-term threats from both their low customer satisfaction ratings and the rise of over-the-top content providers such as Netflix and Hulu. The industry has responded to these challenges so far by calling for more consolidation that will make the industry even less competitive and by encouraging the adoption of bandwidth caps that will limit how much data users consume per month.

11-29-13

bgr.com

2. overtimeman

overtimeman Active Member

Well some are like me and have no other choice as it is the only high speed internet provider in the neighborhood.I use the triple play option as it is the better value.In December 2009 AT&T came through here burying a fiber optic cable and it's still wrapped around the top of a pole three miles away.When I inquire about it they have no idea what I'm talking about.I did talk to a lineman dude and he said that "AT&T's priority has shifted funds away from everything and wireless is going to be the focal point of their business from here on out.He also stated That U Verse expansion was all but over with.Sometimes we have to grin and bear it! Mike

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I sure see a lot of complaints about the cable companies but I have never had any problems with any cable TV or satellite TV company. Several companies have offered service at the various places I have lived as an adult. If I want the service at the price offered, I reach an agreement and use the service. If I don't like the service at the price offered, I don't use the service. I have no idea what I could complain about in either case, the companies have always lived up to their end of the deal and offered service that works as agreed per the terms of the contracts. I can't believe there is any rampant non compliance to the terms of everybody else's contracts. Yes a cable TV company can make a mistake or you might see an error on your bill, but that is rare and always easy to fix.