Quantcast

Yamaha 7.1 Receiver HDMI not working

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by banditelvis721, Dec 21, 2011.

1. banditelvis721

banditelvis721 New Member

When i conenct the Sony Google Tv box to my AVR the picture and sound on in and out via HDMI if i connect the optical no issues, anyone have any ideas on how to get this fix? the sound with hdmi is SOOOOOO much better than optical.

thanks so much

perry

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I see you've written English words but not exactly in an arrangement which makes sense. Can you please elaborate the issue or concern?

3. banditelvis721

When i connect the Sony Google Tv box to my AVR first i connect my Fios box to the Google tv, the picture and sound goes in and out via HDMI if i connect the optical no issues, anyone have any ideas on how to get this fix? the sound with hdmi is SOOOOOO much better than optical. there has to be a fix to this, should i call verizon???
    thanks
    perry

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Hmm... italicizing your words didn't work, so I asked my lady friend to translate. This is what she came up with. Let me know if its what you're trying to convey.

If this is the issue you're experiencing, then that's indicative of an High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) issue. Your FIOS box is shutting off the signaling through HDMI because it cannot establish that the HDCP connection is secure along the HDMI chain. This can be due to a bad HDMI cable, a faulty HDMI port, or a non-compliant HDCP device. The first thing I would check is try to use alternate HDMI cables in the chain. The Revue is a little sensitive and requires the full 5V during HDMI transmissions for stability.

Another way to determine if it is FIOS cable box is to replace it with another HDMI output device, like a Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Blu-Ray Disc Player, or anything else with HDMI out. If the signal doesn't cut in and out with another device then the root cause of the problem is the cable box. In which case, you can call Verizon to further troubleshoot it and switch it out if necessary

5. banditelvis721

called verizon the box has version 1.8 the are updating box to 1.9 in january they said it should fix the issue i guess we will see

thanks
    perry

• Like Like x 2
  6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad to help. I hope it works out for you.

7. banditelvis721

I hope so too!!! thanks

8. banditelvis721

YES got the update from Verizon, all good no issues no optical just HDMI!!!
    thanks