Quantcast

.XLS Application?

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by chicha29, Dec 20, 2011.

1. chicha29

chicha29 New Member

Is there an application available for GTV for viewing a .XLS file?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Actually, XLS is the file extension for a Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet. You should be able to upload it into your Google Docs account and view it there.

3. chicha29

chicha29 New Member

Section 2, Table 4.5 has a document in Excel. WTO | Statistics - International trade statistics - Trade by sector . Clicking the document "downloads" it to GTV as an application. In that location, I can't open it. I suppose I could do a Google search for it to get at it that way.

I believe the approach you're referring to is when an Excel document is a Google search result.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Actually, I forgot that you cannot upload files into the docs.google.com from Google TV. So, your way would be a good work-a-round.

5. swould333

swould333 Member

Documents to Go allows for viewing .XLS files... if you get the full paid key then you can edit and view pdfs... plus it will allow for pulling from and saving to Google docs..

But you WILL have to side load it... you can get the basic app from the Gtv Hacker Dropbox account...

And come to think of it I have sucesfully loaded and used the actuall Google Docs app on my Revue.. if it's not in the Gtv hackers drop box let me know i'll upload it...

Edit: Tried the Google Docs app last night... it wont open any files but what you already have uploaded to G-Docs...
    Docs to Go will open .XLS and allow you to save them to Google docs... then you can edit and view in G-docs app if you want... which might be an option if you aren't willing to pay for the full version key of Docs to go.... or don't have access to the market to get it for side load...

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011