Quantcast

xfinity won't play video

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by ru42112, Jan 7, 2013.

1. ru42112

ru42112 New Member

I just broke down and got Comcast with xfinity. When I try to watch video online through my revue it says I need to upgrade my flash player. Some times it says I need to upgrade silver-light. Neither link works. All the apps work like netflix and amazon ect.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Unfortunately most of the Comcast Xfinity videos are not compatible with GTV. I have found that a few will work - the ones that work are from channels that don't currently block GTV such as Lifetime, USA, etc. It's very hit or miss. Comcast sees itself as in competition with GTV - in fact recent reports in the press mentioned that Comcast is preparing to release it's own IPTV box in the coming months.

IMO this "compatibility" issue with GTV is not likely to improve anytime soon. Comcast has in effect "shut out GTV from full integrations" - and this was one of the reasons that Google sold it's Motorola cable TV set-top box division.

It was mentioned in another thread that the Google TV Development Team says it is unlikely GTV will ever be updated to Flash 11. Also IMO it is very unlikely that GTV will ever work with Microsoft Silverlight:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...-request-gtv-issues-flash-11-please-vote.html

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  3. ru42112

ru42112 New Member

Thank you, Then I guess Comcast new TV commercial saying any device anytime is not accurate at the very least.

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the commercial but it must mean any Comcast approved device, not any device, period. I am pretty sure I can't watch the Comcast Xfinity internet programming with my toaster and apparently not with my Logitech Revue either.

5. ru42112

ru42112 New Member

try some tinfoil. I don't believe they say with approved devices.

6. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Ha, I don't think I need any tinfoil to understand not any device will play Comcast Xfinity internet TV programming, common sense meant I knew that without seeing the commercial and without wearing anything at all on my head.