Quantcast

Xfinity On Demand integration with Google TV via Sony NSZ-GS7

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by cruton, Sep 22, 2012.

1. cruton

cruton New Member

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. Is it possible to search Xfinity on demand content with Google TV? I saw this thread, which I apparently can't post because I don't haven't made enough posts on this site, and I've checked to make sure that any channels with the word demand on them were enable but on demand shows still won't show up in a search with the 'TV and Movies' app. Has anyone gotten this to work? Am I missing something?

thanks in advance

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Xfinity On Demand doesn't have integration with Google TV. In addition a lot of the on demand programming from Xfinity won't stream with GTV devices. This includes the major networks such as NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox, etc. A few things work such as HBO Go, USA channel, Lifetime, etc. Basically every channel that is already blocking GTV from their own web site - will also not work with Xfinity on demand. Some of the minor channels that don't already block GTV will tend to work with Xfinity on demand.

Note: I just tried Xfinity On Demand with my Logitech Revue. Not much success at all. A lot of the shows only work with Microsoft Silverlight (which GTV doesn't support). The stuff I tried from Fox indicated that it came from Hulu - and of course that didn't work with GTV. I tried a CBS show and I got an error message. I was able to get some stuff from Animal Planet to stream and some stuff from Discovery streamed. However it seemed the better shows from Discovery require Microsoft Silverlight. A show that I tried from Hallmark channel also required Silverlight.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  3. cruton

cruton New Member

Thanks for responding. To be clear I meant on demand from the cable box. As in you turn to channel 1 and then you navigate through Comcast's horrible UI.

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Ah OK now I understand. I thought you meant integration with the Xfinity TV streaming web site (for internet devices). Sorry I don't have a cable box so I can't answer from personal experience.

My hunch is that you should be able to search the regular content (broadcast listings from the Comcast guide) with GTV- although I doubt that you would be able to search On-Demand programming.

I know this is something that can be done with Dish Network - because Dish cut a special deal with GTV for full integration. That includes DVR integration & DVR searches also. Dish Network has been the only company to offer full integration with GTV thus far.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012