Quantcast

Xbox 360 and Playstation controllers

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by mskks64, May 11, 2011.

1. mskks64

mskks64 New Member

So first off I wanna say that i'm super excited because I submitted a question about google tv and they answered it at the IO! Anyways the question:

"With the new update to honeycomb. users will be able to use XBOX 360 and Playstation controllers. Will Google TV also have this capability."

They said they haven't for sure tested it yet but they believe it should be easy to use since the google tv box has a usb hub.

2. firemandan9

firemandan9 New Member

Can anyone with a USB controller confirm this one way or the other? Also didn't Vizio mention integrating onlive into their product? Onlive gaming would be a great match for Google TV. Just got the microsonsole, will be living connected to my 40" sony.

3. halox

halox New Member

Plugged a wired 360 controller into the Revue and it works. You can navigate the home screen and press "X" to select things and "A" or "B" to back out of things. I haven't figured out what else you can do with it (can't figure out how to customize it or assign keys) but it seems a lot of functionality is baked in.

HOWEVER, where it really starts to shine is in something like the OnLive app. OnLive definitely responds to the XBOX controller. You can navigate quickly and easily with the thumbpad, you press A to enter into things and B to back-out. You can press the center XBOX button and it brings up the dashboard. Honestly, it works really well ... and it's getting me excited for the future of OnLive on GTV.

(One more note - just used the Xbox Controller to play Dragon Fly ... and got the further in the game than I had ever gotten before. Works perfectly with the USB controller - just remember to press X to select things and not A)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012