Quantcast

XBMC on Cube?

Discussion in 'Asus Qube' started by Terry, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Terry

Terry New Member

Anyone successful on loading & running XBMC on the Cube? I tried it but get an "The application XBMC (process org.xbmc.xbmc) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." error. If you have a successful implementation, what version of XMBC did you use?

2. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

Will not work at least until GTV receive Jellybean & NDK support.

3. gtaguy

gtaguy New Member

Like the previous poster stated NO... but i do have something as an alternative if you were wanting to get your 1 channel and ice films fix..

its on the playstore. go get it before it dissapears or is forced to be removed from the playstore.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kmc.onechannel.tvshows&hl=en

works like a charm.. put it on the homescreen for easy access. as for media streamed from a home computer just use plex.. hope this helps.

4. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

Also, my understanding is the free version does not work and need to upgrade to the paid version for one that works.

5. gtaguy

gtaguy New Member

nope it works like a charm... I was willing to pay for the pay version but i realized that it functions without any problems.. give it a go.. i did modify it alittle bit by checking on thumbnails and and use an external player for those non google tv devices.. I found that "bsplayer" for those non google tv devices works best.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Terry

Terry New Member

I've decided to return the Cube. Here's why - It doesn't allow HDMI pass through when turned off. Although you can set it to default to Live TV on start-up, it takes 45 seconds to get there! It doesn't run XBMC (may with a JB update?). Couldn't get fan-art with my library of movies. The side controls on the remote are inconvenient & kept hitting them by mistake (although in general I liked the remote). For the price, another Boxee with a HDMI switcher may be my best option for what I'm looking for.

7. warjim1

warjim1 New Member

Correct there is no FREE version. Is the fee requested one time payment?

8. Travel

Travel Active Member

Yes.

Also, you can install "aVia," "Soul MovieTV" and "ViMu," etc., players on the box and you'll get an "auto-pop-up-option-box" to choose on which player you'd like to run the movie/TV show content.