Quantcast

XBMC 13 "Gotham" Media Center Is Ready To Rise

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, May 4, 2014.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

XBMC 13 "Gotham" media center is ready to rise - Liliputing (click for full article)

by Brad Linder - May 4, 2013

-- After months of development, the team behind popular media center software XBMC have released XBMC 13 "Gotham." The software provides a full-screen experience for navigating media on a Windows, Linux, Mac. or Android system.

Key new features in version 13 include support for hardware-accelerated video decoding on Android, improved support for the Raspberry Pi, stereoscopic 3D rendering, improved UPnP, touchscreen, and audio features, and more.

It's not all good news: XBMC has dropped support for Windows XP. While that operating system is now a dozen years old, it's still used by an awful lot of people. On the other hand, it's probably a good idea to upgrade anyway, since Microsoft won't be offering security patches for much longer.

XBMC 13 also offers improvements and bug fixes for folks that want to use the software as a front-end for a digital video recorder, improved subtitle search, and easier-to-use settings.

http://xbmc.org/xbmc-13-0-gotham-rises/

• Like Like x 2
  2. ericd

ericd Active Member

Cool, thanks for the info. I've been using Beyond XBMC but at over 100 mb, it really eats up a lot of space. Dl'ing it now

3. ericd

ericd Active Member

OK, tried out the new Gotham release. I'm not sure if I have something set-up wrong in my MX Player settings but I can't get any video to play on any of the video add-ons. The links load up a lot quicker than they do on Frodo 12.3 or Beyond but all I get is audio and a black screen whenever I try to watch something.

I just re-installed Frodo 12.3 and all is well again

4. ericd

ericd Active Member

OK, I waited a couple of months and tried installing one of the "nightly builds" and it worked great on the LG 6400. Index of /nightlies/android/arm

I used the one from yesterday (June 18) although the newer ones should work well. Understand, the nightlies are works in progress and their may be some bugs present