Quantcast

WTH with the scrolling

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by uscpsycho, Nov 27, 2013.

1. uscpsycho

uscpsycho New Member

Is it just me or does the complete inability to smoothly/accurately scroll make this device unusable?

It is so jumpy. How did this even get into beta let alone through beta this way?

Do you guys have any tips for fixing this or dealing with it? I would use my co-star a lot more if it wasn't such an exercise in frustration.

2. steve_webbie

steve_webbie New Member

You can clear the cache, and then if needed, the cookies as well. Also let the page load fully. If you have decent speeds & few cookies saved, most pages should load within seconds. I have 20 Mbps speed, and have noticed the page components trying to place themselves.

3. uscpsycho

uscpsycho New Member

I don't think you understand my question. I'm not talking about slow page loading speeds. I'm talking about difficult to control scrolling on any page in any application (not just browser pages). When you try to scroll the page is very jumpy instead of smooth so it's very difficult to get to the content you want.

4. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

Because once a page is fully loaded and if the unit hasn't been run out of RAM, or off running a bunch of things in the background ... it should scroll pretty smooth with the trackpad or the directional buttons. Depending on the site, there may be scripts running that give the browser fits - especially while a page is loading.

Pinch-zoom has always been annoyingly slow, but it does work.

oh, I just noticed I was replying in the Co-Star forum. I own the Sony. With the Co-Star it seems to have even less RAM to work with than the Sony and has also been known to struggle with heat related problems.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  5. uscpsycho

uscpsycho New Member

Like i said, this isn't a problem specific to web pages. This happens in every single application.

I can scroll just fine with the buttons, that's not jumpy. But it's uncontrollable if I try to scroll with the touchpad. Jumpy as all hell.

6. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi. On my Logitech Revue there is an option to adjust the pointer speed. Have you tried doing that with your Co-Star? This is how I access the pointer speed setting on my Revue:

System Settings ---> Input Devices ----> Pointer Speed

7. uscpsycho

uscpsycho New Member

Yes, I've tried that. Unfortunately, it only affects the pointer speed and has no noticeable effect on the scrolling speed. I wish there was a way to adjust the scrolling speed. I don't know why Vizio thought hyperspeed was the appropriate speed.