Quantcast

"work-around" for live TV

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by ssgramma, Sep 26, 2012.

1. ssgramma

ssgramma New Member

The man who helped me at LG today had me do something that is "supposed" to help when the live TV isn't functioning. I can't really test it as the darn thing is working perfect at the moment LOL

I had not hooked up the BluRay on this 2nd set. I did as little as possible since I figured it was leaving soon anyway. So he had me take the cable box HDMI from #1 to #2 and put the BluRay HDMI in #1.

He said you always need to see if the TV works with the other components. OK - whatever - maybe it is the cable box but I don't believe it!!

Anyway if the live TV problem happens then I am to turn off the TV, turn on the BluRay then turn on the TV, change the input to the BluRay before trying the live TV again. Kinda of crazy to me but then what do I know?

So, I'm going to hang in there & play with this a little more before I give up on it. Even though it's making me crazy!!

2. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

yea that does seem a bit crazy to me, but it will give us a little more information about the behavior/symptoms of the problem. and since everything we say here is documented, an engineer from Google or LG could better understand the issue. the engineers are like doctors, to diagnose what is causing the issue, a doctor uses the symptoms to detect what could be causing the issue....its kinda like doctor house, but no one dies.

3. ssgramma

ssgramma New Member

Well, so much for that guy's bright idea! It did NOTHING!!

This 2nd set is going back today. I am just done with a TV that doesn't want to be a TV! The randomness is driving me crazy. Will it work or not??

4. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

i think the latest update this past 10/30 fixed the blank screen issue