Quantcast

Won't turn on

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Coco82, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Coco82

Coco82 New Member

Okay, let me begin this by saying I have it connected to a TiVo so it makes sense. Last night I was watching TV until 1 and had no problems. I turned it off w/my TiVo remote as I do every night and had no issues. This morning I go to turn it on w/the same remote and it doesn't come on. I go to the TV remote and again nothing. I went for the TV remote because about a month ago the TV and TiVo remote became unsynched so I turned it on w/the TV remote and fixed it easy enough. Now, I checked the batteries & everything's fine there so I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any ideas? This TV is only 2 years old, I'm hoping it's nothing to serious that I have to get new one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

What model TV do you have?

3. Coco82

Coco82 New Member

It's a Sony NSX40GT1

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Have you tried unplugging your TV for about a minute and then plugging it back in? If not then try that.
    Also try turning it on from the on/off button located on the TV.

Do you have red blinking lights when the TV doesn't turn on?

I did a search and unfortunately the issue of the Sony NSX40GT1 not turning on is a known issue that has effected others:

Google <---(Click for Google search results for "Sony NSX40GT1 won't turn on")

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answe...n/p/61659,63656,63657,63660/c/65,66/related/1 <---(click for advice from Sony web site)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If unplugging your TV doesn't fix it - then you should call Sony support. Unfortunately you probably have an issue that will require having your TV serviced by a technician.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  5. Coco82

Coco82 New Member

I got it working. I went to unplug it and it came on. Must've been a connection problem. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.