Quantcast

Wondering

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by Travel, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Travel

Travel Active Member

What is the difference between the "Sony Blu-ray Set Top Box" forum and the "Sony NSZ-GT1" forum? They both state that they're about the combo: Blu-ray/GoogleTV box.

There is only one option for buying the latest combo version of the Sony box: the NSZ-GT1, right? Want to make sure that I'm searching the correct product on Amazon.

I need an digital-optical-audio-out port, in any case. I already have the Revue, and may be interested in a cheaper option of just a Sony Blu-ray-player-only, without GoogleTV . Do these have digital optical audio out ports?

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Supposedly the NSZ-GP9, the second generation Sony model is coming at some point but as of now, the NSZ-GT1 is the only model available. The new generation of Google TV boxes use the Marvell Armada 1500 ARM processor while the first generation including the NSZ-GT1 use an Intel Atom processor. The new processor is better and some future applications will likely only run on ARM processors. I have the NSZ-GT1 and think it is very good but I expect the NSZ-GP9, if it is ever released, to be better.

• Like Like x 2
  3. drhill

drhill Member

I don't know why they didn't create a new forum for this name instead of renaming the forum and creating a new forum for the old gt1.

• Like Like x 4
  4. dtaylor

dtaylor Member

Since the GP9 was canceled, these two forums should be merged into one. It's currently a confusing mess.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2