Quantcast

Wish: Control Google TV and simultaneous viewing via your laptop

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by amigan_99, Nov 2, 2010.

1. amigan_99

amigan_99 New Member

It would be cool if I could stream what's happening on my Google TV to my Chrome browser on my laptop on my lap. Even on a large TV sometimes it's hard to read all of the text from across the room. And my laptop could serve as a sophisticated control mechanism for Google TV via blue tooth or via IP back channel. Perhaps the laptop could control the Google TV like VNC/Dameware or another control center might be better.

2. phantasm

phantasm New Member

Although it is a pretty awesome idea, I am sure that the media industries would have a heart attack to the say the least...

3. galfert

galfert Active Member

I can do this already. I use a Slingbox and I can watch and control Google TV using my laptop. It is an expensive solution because of the Slingbox and HDFury3 devices. Plus it takes some work customizing a Slingbox Player remote for Google TV using code from the JP1 forum.

My Setup:
    Cable Box ---> Google TV Revue Box ---> HDFury3 ---> Slingbox ---> AVR ---> TV

But I don't have this setup because of this purpose. I only have it because I wan't to be able to watch my cable box dvr recordings on my laptop. I had the Slingbox first ...before I got Google TV. Hence my need for the HDFury3 to continue to be able to use my Slingbox (it has no HDMI input)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  4. amigan_99

amigan_99 New Member

In the words of Wayne and Garth "I am not worthy, I am not worthy!". :)