Quantcast

Windows 7 is still growing faster than Windows 8

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by sparkyscott21, Dec 3, 2013.

1. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Sorry, Microsoft: Even the superficial return of the Start button isn’t enough to make people clamor for Windows 8. TheNextWeb takes a look at some of the latest numbers from Net Applications and finds that Windows 8's growth has stagnated as the combined market share of Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 grew by only 0.05 percentage points in November. In contrast, Windows 7's market share grew by 0.22 percentage points, which means that users upgrading to new PCs still seem to prefer Windows 7 to Windows 8. It also seems that Windows 8.1's growth is almost entirely driven by current Windows 8 users who are eagerly upgrading their PCs to take advantage of the latest software, as Windows 8.1's market share grew by 0.92 percentage points and Windows 8's market share shrank by 0.87 percentage points.

12-3-13

bgr.com

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I just got my first Windows 7 PC a couple of months ago. I don't have a Windows 8 or 8.1 PC and have never used either but I think I would like 8.1 based on what I have read. I am surprised by these statistics and question whether they are accurate or meaningful but based on the fact I am not likely to have the new Windows anytime soon, it is at least representative of me personally. My Windows Vista PC is still running and won't be updated unless it is free which doesn't seem likely.

3. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

My mother has a new laptop, it had windows 8... Noticed I said HAD!!..
    Much better now as my mother has a easier time understanding it cuz she had an older laptop with windows 7.....
    She tried to figure windows 8 out, but she is 80 years old and had to tough a time with the newer version... Heck, even I did, but I normally use Apple though......

• Like Like x 2
  4. guest

guest Active Member

There aren't many computer-literate/computer-using 80-year olds! Good for her.

• Like Like x 2
  5. pmcd

pmcd Active Member

People always resist change. Windows 8.1 is really nice. I like it a lot more than Windows 7. If people want the old Start or even a Windows 7 environment they can get it from Stardock and others.

Philip