Quantcast

Win 11 Media Player Issue

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by JMA375HH, Dec 14, 2010.

1. JMA375HH

JMA375HH New Member

Okay so I want to grab my pics and video from home computer. I downloaded Win 11 media player. I went to the drop down window and opened the share media. Heres what I don t see after making my selection and boxes are checked. The window that should show my WiFi router shows nothing. I set up my Revue with a dish Vip 622 receiver and transmitting wireless. I hooked up the cat5 cable to the Revue and to the dish receiver and as far as I can tell all is good. I also made sure all my update are up to date. what is it I am not doing or should have done to get this DLMA working.:confused::confused:

Thanks for any help. JMA

2. xkwwwx

xkwwwx New Member

Forget about wmp 11. Get serviio. Google it.
    This is a simple free (donate if u can) upnp media server that works better than all the others. Easy to use and setup is simple. Serviio does not have a google tv profile yet for transcode but works well on autodetect. Good luck.

3. JMA375HH

JMA375HH New Member

Thanks for the help I will give it a whirl.

4. pls1223

pls1223 New Member

I download serviio after hearing about it on this forum. Mostly to play music from living sound system. It recognizes some songs and plays them well, other songs it does not seem to recognize. says folder is empty when I click on the album folder. I notice it is albums that I downloads from CDs that don't play and music downloaded from internet do play. Transoding didn't make any difference. Any suggestions?

Paul
    SBRGTV

5. lazy72

lazy72 New Member

This worked for me... Just had to wait for a while for Serviio to finish finding all of my media.