Quantcast

Will this DVR work with the revue?

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by AndroidGeek, Dec 7, 2010.

1. AndroidGeek

AndroidGeek New Member

I was thinking of getting a DVR-Digital-Converter box but wanted to know if this would work with GTV and Revue.
    Here is the link: Amazon.com: Digital Converter / Dvr: Electronics

I have Dish Network on three LCDs and have another LCD that has free HD via antenna hooked up in my attic. I am currently setting up all the other TVs for OTA as well. The plan is to eventually dump Dish Network after my agreement is over with them and stop paying for TV that my family and I don't watch in the first place. But I don't want to loose the DVR functionality. I am getting all the local channels (abc, cbs, nbc, etc.) and most of the higher channels as well...all in full 1080P HD through the antenna.

The DVR has all inputs including HDMI out. I was hoping that I could connect this to my Revue to receive the channels from this antenna's input. I understand that it will not integrate as far as DVR purposes are concerned but I don't need that functionality as long as I could control it manually from within the DVR-Digital-Converter box.

What do you guys think? Is this even a possibility or is this just wishful thinking?

It would be nice if the revue would integrate a DVR to record this type of system in the future. I for one would be willing to pay for it.

The only thing missing from the whole GTV experience is integrating their own DVR to work with what I have previously explained. But for now, hopefully this is a work around.

2. AndroidGeek

AndroidGeek New Member

3. afunbee

afunbee New Member

I own a DTVPal and looking into the Google TV (GTV)

Question:
    1. Can GTV search the my recordings in the Channel Master CM-7000 PAL (aka DTVPAL)?
    2. Can GTV search future TV guide listings and set recordings on the CM-7000? Currently the CM-7000 uses TV guide and fetches only one week's worth.

Thanks!

4. ticklemeozmo

ticklemeozmo New Member

I was under the impression that GoogleTV only worked with DishNetwork's DVR functions. Can you elaborate at how you got it to interact with your DVR?

5. AndroidGeek

AndroidGeek New Member

I never said it worked as a Dish DVR. I said that the Channel Master works with Google TV using the Revue. What I was trying to convey was the Revue sees the Channel Master as a Dish DVR and could be setup that way. Some DVRs are not compatible with the Revue but the Channel Master is.

6. AndroidGeek

AndroidGeek New Member

1. no. It does not integrate that way sorry. But you can use the Channel Master's built in guide to do it as long as you don't mind.
    2. no because its not integrated with the DVR. Again this is only an issue if you need this option. I am content and thankful that the Revue recognizes it as a valid DVR.

7. afunbee

afunbee New Member

Thank you for the reply.

One more question for clarification:

:confused: The Google TV Revue keyboard can operate the Channel Master and I don't have to use the Channel Master remote. Correct?

8. AndroidGeek

AndroidGeek New Member

yes that is correct