Quantcast

Will Google TV do what I want? The guy at Best Buy didn't know.

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Kizzer, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Kizzer

Kizzer New Member

I have some things I want GoogleTV to do, and I want to know if it will work before I buy. Web browsing on the big screen is nice, but that's not my biggest priority.

My new Samsung PN58C8000 already gets internet apps such as hulu, vudu, netflix, Amazon OD, etc. Will my Logitech Revue Google TV be able to tell me what's available on those? For example, if I search for a movie title, will Google TV tell me if the movie is available on vudu, etc? I understand that I cannot access vudu from google TV, I just want to know where to get movies. I need my google TV to be my search engine, rather than scan through all those internet channels myself.

I also want it to search my TW cable including the pay per view on demand channels. If it's truly going to be my TV's search engine, I need it to search everything.

Also, I'm partial to Android apps. If I buy a unit now, I assume it will upgrade to allow for apps when they become available.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  2. skoretsky

skoretsky New Member

You have far more apps and media access on your Samsung HDTV that Google TV has to offer right now. Unless you want casual browsing (albeit blocked access to many major websites like NBC, CBS, ABC) I'd stick with what you got until Google/Logitech/Sony deliver more on GTV.