Quantcast

Wifi signal strength dropping after authentication caused by honeycomb update

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by axwagner, Nov 8, 2011.

1. axwagner

axwagner New Member

Bought a Sony NSZ-GT1 blue ray player with Google TV at BestBuy, had no problems connecting to a LinkSys access point with Barracuda router behind it.
    Been using it for about a week. Then upgraded to Honeycomb (3.1) and since then Wifi stopped working.

My AP is discovered with excellent signal strength, after successful WPA personal key authentication, the signal strength drops to almost nothing and the DHCP configuration hangs forever, and IP is never obtained. Had to hook up the box to an Ethernet wire in order to use it at all.

Did see any other threads discussing this issue, so am I the only one?

Any ideas?

Is there a way to roll back Android to the previous version?

Thanks,

Axel

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yes, there are other threads in this regards. However, some people don't like to use the search feature and tack onto established threads. So, they're scattered around the forums. Here's one of them: http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/google-tv-help/3388-cant-connet-wifi-after-update.html. As far as I can understand that this is a known issue and you need to call Sony Technical Support so that they know your exact model. Apparently, the update somehow caused an compatibility issue with certain WiFi routers and access points.