Quantcast

Wi-Fi Issues NSX32GT1

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by Cableguy, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member

I just opened up teathering on my iPhone but my tv refuses to connect to it. I can connect to it with every other device in the house except the tv, I keep getting Authentication Error and it keeps scanning it over and over again, I have a Verizon MiFi as well and that works with no issues? Any suggestions?

2. laurelnev

laurelnev New Member

Verizon made me switch out my equipment, and I was having the same issues: wi fi dropping, authentication errors, etc. I'd THINK I'd solve it, but I'd tuurn off the TV, and it would crap out again. The Wii sitting on top of it, however, connected just fine. I went into the router and created a guest network. Then I restricted that network by mac address, and left it open. I'm having no connection issues with the google TV now. WISH I could figure out how to get the TV to connect on the secure network, but this is working for now. Posting here for anyone else who landed here via google search and has run out of options. I will keep troubleshooting how to connect to my secure network so that my TV and computer can once again communicate easily, but this allows all of my other TV functions to operate.

(Tried about all variations of WPA, which I had successfully used w/ the old router, no problem before settling on this work around so I could just watch my movie already!)