Quantcast

Why Pandora Wants To Grow Its Presence On Connected TVs With a New HTML5 App

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Jun 5, 2013.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Why Pandora wants to grow its presence on connected TVs with a new HTML5 app | VentureBeat (click for full article)

by Tom Cheredar - June 5, 2013

"Streaming music company Pandora has released a new web application for TVs, the company announced today.

The push to bring Pandora to television screens follows the company's efforts to grow the smart radio service by making it available in Internet-connected automobiles and mobile devices. And while Pandora is available as a native app on many Smart TVs, Blu-ray players, and a handful of set-top boxes like Roku, the service has been noticeably absent from game consoles.

That's a bit odd considering that most people are connecting their televisions to the web through the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3. However, the new TV web app is built in HTML5, which makes it available to any TV streaming device (like those consoles) or smart TVs with web browsers."

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Pandora is my favorite music site. But it is also the easiest to forget. I go months before I remember my yearly subscription. Once I start playing Pandora, I can't believe I haven't been enjoying it more. Is it a case of too many options?

Carl