Quantcast

Why i feel logitech cheated its customer...

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Scuzzo, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

this will not be a big rant..

Logitech way over invested in the hopes of GTV.. and they sold the same false hope to us,,

they sell at 300 target price,, and few buy,, they drop the price to 240 or so still few bites..
    now they know they will be taking a bath,,, and google will be late on the gtv 2.0 release
    they prob know after loosing 100 mill that they will be dropping the revue,, including support,,, future releases every thing..
    but they play like hey,,, we are all good, nothing to worry about,, If you knew you were buying tech at End of Life...
    would you have purchased the revue? if you had any idea that that was the reason for the fire sale.. so they could
    empty supply? not to push for adoption of Gtv... but to clear the books,, clean out the inventory,, empty the line,,

I think they knew before they cut the price to 99bucks.. but they choose now to tell us..
    if i knew that support would go away in a year of product launch... i would have not bought one... or i know i would not have gone 300 for one..

now if they printed on the box.. "discontinued Item" i would have re-thunk my purchase.. as many would..
    I got an email about new GTV 2.0 coming.... did not say any thing about "discontinued production"
    but they knew.. and decided not to disclose.. not google... logitech...
    and if they did not.. then they should at least offer a full refund..

i just really feel bad for those 300 buck cats..

you have a duty to your customer base...
    you dont withhold importing purchasing information
    that will affect buying decisions.. or if you do.. be prepared to be called on it..

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Logitech lost a lot of money, I think their claim was $100,000,000 and I got to buy a box and keyboard I like a lot for less than manufacturing cost. I can't come to a conclusion as a customer I was cheated and the nonstop whining about this device sounds sillier and sillier to me the more I see of it.

• Like Like x 4
  3. MStrawder

MStrawder New Member

I can see Scuzzo's point of view. I was very surprised to see Logitech getting out of the market totally and a little disappointed as I did expect a longer run of support then I'll be getting. However, as Chris stated, for $99 I got a piece of hardware that has allowed me to do a lot of great things I couldn't before at that price. I'm not happy with the way Google and Logitech have handled this so far, but I certainly can't damn them both beyond redemption for it.

4. brucebanner

brucebanner New Member

i feel cheated because i bought it for $250.....**** logitech straight up...i dont even use this POS **** anymore. my smart bluray player can do better **** than it.

5. les anderson

les anderson New Member

How much more support do people really expect to get? It is a year old box and it will get one big revamp. Sounds about par for the course to me. My gen 1 $300 apple tv can't stream netflix while its $99 replacement that came out less than 2 years later can. And Apple is a pefect company that can do no wrong. The real story is that Logitech is getting out of the business, not that the Revue will no longer be supported.Yes it has been a disaster product. I was in at $300 so I know as well as anyone.

• Like Like x 2