Quantcast

Why Apple Could Still Own The Living Rom Of The Future

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Oct 29, 2012.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Why Apple Could Still Own the Living Room of the Future | Cult of Mac (click for full article)

Mike Elgan (9:37 am PDT, Oct 27)

"Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Google and all the big-screen TV makers want to own the the all-purpose living room entertainment system of tomorrow.

Smart TV systems, which will incorporate movies-on-demand, gaming, web surfing, videoconferencing, home automation and more (even TV shows!) are likely to become the next big opportunity for content-driven platform companies.

But is time running out for Apple to make its move?

The surprising answer is: No, not really. Apple's got plenty of time. And there's no need for Apple to make a TV set, either.
    Here's why."

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  2. CatfishRivers

Can't wait to get my very own Holodeck! -:)

From the article:

"The coolest rumor surrounding the Xbox 720 references a Microsoft patent for a method for using a gaming console to augment on-screen game play with projectors that turn the entire room into the gaming environment, including the walls, floor and ceiling. Combine that with a rumored Kinect so advanced that it can read lips, and you've got something like a rudimentary Star Trek Holodeck."

3. CatfishRivers

Mark Cuban: Apple TV Is a Pipe Dream | Adweek (click for full article)

Mark Cuban: Apple TV Is a Pipe Dream And why the HDNet founder thinks that may be a good thing

By Mike Shields

October 30 2012 Technology

"Mark Cuban has never been shy. Whether he's opining about Jason Kidd's decision to bolt from Cuban's Dallas Mavericks for the New York Knicks (he is very mad) or Google's business model (he's called the company a vampire), Cuban doesn't mince words. With the future of television up in the air, the HDNet founder shared his thoughts with Adweek on whether Apple is set to reinvent TV."

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I wish Cuban would make HDNet Movies available for online streaming accounts. I will guess he doesn't have the rights or he would but the HDNet Movies channel is one of the few channels I really miss after dropping DirecTV. As far as what he thinks of Apple TV, I think he might be right.