Quantcast

Why all the phone apps on GTV Market?

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by carterjay, Nov 18, 2011.

1. carterjay

carterjay New Member

What's up with all the lame cellphone apps on the GTV Marketplace?
    Seriously I don't need battery apps or a flashlight app on any of the GoogleTVs I own.
    If they want to pad the number of apps available just make the whole market available but
    block incompatible apps like they do with android tablets.
    Personally all I'm waiting for is the Slingbox app to finally appear on the GTV Marketplace.
    That and anything else that deals with IPTV like HuluPlus, Dijit, etc- cause its a Google TV boys which is why I bought four of them.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

That is actually up to the developer. Google doesn't actively select which applications show up on the Android Marketplace for Google TV. That's handled by the automated filters which determine the applications capabilities. This information is gathered from the Manifest.xml file within the application's APK. If the developer flags a required resource that the Google TV does not have (like GPS or Touchscreen) then it will not show up for Google TV otherwise it will.

Yep, I everyone with Google TV is waiting for quite a few developers to get on the ball and optimize their apps for Google TV.

• Like Like x 2