Quantcast

Who will post the first GTV2 screenshots ?

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by pakal, Oct 28, 2011.

1. pakal

pakal New Member

I guess we're finally there. Anxious to see the first "real life" screenshots of our GoogleTV updated firmware.
    And the winner is ..................

2. towboy123

towboy123 New Member

There have been plenty of honeycomb screens shots the real question is who will be the first to complain that it isn't all they wanted

3. pakal

pakal New Member

I am referring to the official release, not the leaked ones. And yet, it's really not about the screenshot but to see when Google will actually be sending out the update.

4. TimeHunter

TimeHunter New Member

It won't be Google sending out the update for the Revue. Logitech added quite a few enhancements to it regarding such things as the Logitech Media Player and the Video Chat, among others. They have to get those working with GTV2. But since Logitech is a launch partner, you know they've had the gold GTV2 code as soon as Google wrapped it up. They are likely just running a little longer in the update cycle than Sony was.

Checking my network traffic when I tell the Revue to look for updates shows it querying the Logitech servers for data, not Google servers.

5. frmorrison

frmorrison New Member

6. TREYR

TREYR New Member

7. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

well, since the revue is not being updated as of yet.. can the sony folks check out a few thing in the new google tv2?
    how are the popup blocking features..
    are you able to use google chrome ext.., access to amazon apps,
    are you able to use tabs in the google chrome like a pc? with real tabs.,
    are you able to download files and store them to a selected file...
    whats the speed like..
    do you notice any change in sound or vid quality
    any chance of left click mouse functions,,,

im sure i will have a bunch more questions.. as i am sure other users are quite full questions.. i guess some one will do a hands on indepth review.. of the google tv2.. not just talking points and buzz words.. google really need to put out a really detailed walk through not just 40 second.. saying "this is cool"..

congrats on the new google 2 op sys... now share some of info and insight.... lol

8. jagan_indian9

jagan_indian9 Member

how are the popup blocking features.. I haven't found a pop-blocking option.
    are you able to use google chrome ext.., access to amazon apps, No Google Chrome extensions, You can access Amazon AppStore but it doesn't show all apps.
    are you able to use tabs in the google chrome like a pc? with real tabs., Not like PC, but you can use tabs in a different way
    are you able to download files and store them to a selected file... Yes, I am able to do that. I side-loaded ES File Explorer to view the file system
    whats the speed like.. Speed has improved very much compared to the old GTV
    do you notice any change in sound or vid quality Video and Sound Quality has improved. I am not sure it is because of the HD content available now on GTV.
    any chance of left click mouse functions,,, No

No sub-title support as well. I was eagerly waiting for that. None of the Honeycomb video players are working on GTV

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  9. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

a friend of mine on the sony google tv got his update 3am ..I should have asked him for screen shots

10. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member