Quantcast

Who is Datatronics? and why is Amazon allowing this? and googletvforums...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Scuzzo, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

this is a big of a Oversite by Amazon to allow this kinda self promotion/ spamm.. but it also makes Googletvforum.org look like they condone this kinda thing... so... the back ground..
    On Amazon under the Co-star review, under ever review about the co-star streaming box... Wisdom (datatronics) has taken it upon himself to post up a very very lengthy cut and paste doc explaining to every amazon reviewer (why they are having issues with this device) going in to excruciating detail on his wisdom about all the quirks of this streaming box... I beleve this is a method to discredit the reviews... and no where else in the amazon review section is this kinda thing allowed to happen... and he puts many www links to googletvforums.org... so i assume googletvforums.org.. is ok with this... but here the thing...

this is not ok in that... the amazon review section is there for customers to place their reviews... and it really cheapens the whole process, when after every review under the vizio streaming box.. there is spamming advert.... and i believe this is spam because it dose nothing more then draws attention to the author of the post and then directs the reader to this site,,, that is replete with post upon post about the wonders of the costar... and seeing that an fair minded forum seems to condone such spammy kinda practice... Is this an ok thing to do? what say the forum? i will do a cut and past of the very post...

here is what im on about

under the comments section of every costar review

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: VIZIO Co-Star Stream Player With Google TV - VAP430

<< SNIP

Initial post: Feb 10, 2013 7:25:32 AM PST
    Last edited by the author 31 minutes ago

[​IMG]DataTronics says:

I can watch Amazon Instant Video (HD) on my Co-Stars, plus Vudu, M-Go, CinemaNow ans FlixFling!

Game Changer!

Vizio Corp Adds NEW (OS) Google TV 3.0 Version 4.6.0 update upgrade to the NEW Upscale Vizio Co-Star, Just Released 2/5/2013 and Plus New Apps for the Co-Star Streaming Player! Go HERE for details http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...gle-tv-3-0-os-super-upgrade-game-changer.html !

By Robert Silva, About.com GuideFebruary 5, 2013

Vizio Co-Star Streaming Player owners will be receiving an update to Google TV 3.0, as well as some additional apps not previously available.
    The new Google TV 3.0 updates will include a Prime Time Mini-Guide (an improved, more visual, programming browser formerly called Movies and TV), Voice Search (a remote app for compatible Android devices that enables voice control of Google TV search functions), and YouTube Pairing (allows you organize YouTube videos on either an Android or iPhone and synch your list with the Vizio Co-Star .....

Also, you will finally be able to use M-GO button on the Vizio Co-Star remote as that app will become active. M-GO is a new pay-per-view digital video rental service that provides an easy navigation interface (Actually You Can Do This Now, Just Install The M-Go App) ......

Additional updates include the inclusion of Vudu, as well as a new interface for Amazon Instant Video ......
    These (and more) updates will be available for download in the coming weeks. If you own a Vizio Co-Star, to find out if the updates are available, just go the System Settings Menu and click on System Update ....

Reply to this post

Permalink | Report abuse | Ignore this customer
    Do you think this post adds to the discussion? [​IMG] [​IMG]

[HR][/HR] Posted on Feb 10, 2013 7:28:35 AM PST
    Last edited by the author 49 minutes ago
    [​IMG]DataTronics says:
    *(NEW UPDATED) ALL NEW 2013 Google TV 3 (OS) Upgrade:A NEW UPSCALE v4.6.0 VIZIO CO-STAR IS NOW AVAILABLE TO YOU! Get details here http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...gle-tv-3-0-os-super-upgrade-game-changer.html !

*CinemaNow (HD) Movie Service Now works with the NEW Upscale Vizio Co-Star, and M-Go Movie Service (HD) now works with the NEW Upscale Vizio Co-Star also (See Photos Follow The Links Below)! *Vudu, and Amazon Instant Video (HD) are coming to the Vizio Co-Star in the next 2013 Google TV 3 update very soon!

Do you know the Vizio Co-Star chrome browser cursor combo speeds out of the box are overclocked by default, 99.9% of new Vizio Co-Star owners don't even know this! They think this is the way the Co-Star was made from the factory, not knowing the chrome browser cursor combo can be adjusted to a much lower speed within 15 seconds (cursor speeds adjusted, lowered).

After the chrome browser cursor speeds have been adjusted (lowered), now the chrome browser cursor combo will run/work in perfect harmony with the chrome browser giving you stop on a dime pinpoint accuracy to the "T". Follow the links below and learn how to adjust the cursor speeds within 15 seconds.

This is why the info below is posted here in just about every post, to inform all new Co-Star owners about where they can get help up front before buying or before setting up your new Vizio Co-Star. Save yourself a lot of headaches, and follow the links below!

*This Info Is Being Posted Here Just In-case You Need Help before buying or after you have purchased Your New Vizio Co-Star! This Is Not A Spam Post!

You can get Hulu Plus on your Co-Star, find out how here http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...how-watch-hulu-plus-google-tv-using-plex.html ! They are two ways to install *Hulu Plus on your new upscale Vizio Co-Star.

Now supports MKV/AVI files, go here http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...o-star-reviews-your-hands-experience-100.html down to post #997 for ALL the tips, tricks, DLNA/UNPN with Skifta (FREE)!

Their is a new just released OTA (SUPER STEROIDS) update for the Vizio Co-Star (V3.5.0 Dec 12, 2012) (NEW 2013 *GOOGLE TV 3 UPDATE SHOULD BE COMING VERY SOON)! The last 2012 update includes, faster response in menu and navigation, improved system stability performance. Also a more extensive list of input and output devices supported.

Again! If you want to get more additional good info on your newly purchased Vizio Co-Star, tips, dos, don'ts and how to do things with your new Vizio Co-Star follow the links below! (DO NOT BELIEVE ANY NEGATIVE COMMENTS ABOUT THE VIZIO CO-STAR)

*NOBODY IS GOING TO TELL YOU THIS KINDA GOOD STUFF, NOT EVEN VIZIO CORP, PEOPLE SAVE YOURSELF A LOT OF HEADACHES:

*(DON'T PASS GO, DON'T COLLECT $200.00, DON'T EVEN TRY IT, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT) *One of the most important things you want to do first for your newly purchased Vizio Co-Star is buy 1.4 HDMI cables and CAT #6 Ethernet cables *(Amazon Got The Best Real Cheap)!

Using 1.4 HDMI cables, CAT #6 Ethernet cables can be the (GAME CHANGER), the difference On Your NEW Vizio Co-Star between having (Picture Pixel Crystal Clear Video Resolution Quality) or having Blue screens, Black screens, Freeze Ups, No video/audio, Stop and Go video screens, In and Out video/audio, and the mighty spinning cursors wheels that never ends! People, Save Yourself A Lot Of Headaches!

*Go here And Read, check out the YouTube video on HDMI 1.4 cables Versus HDMI 1.3 cables http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...o-co-star-tools-performance-enhancements.html ...

*Again! You can watch Hulu Plus on the Vizio Co-Star http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...how-watch-hulu-plus-google-tv-using-plex.html and major USA networks too like CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX and the CW, just follow the links below everything will be revealed !

Follow the link below for info about the remote, you will find out things you may not know about the remote, *this will be real helpful to you.

(OLD UPDATE SKIP) Their is a new firmware update for the Vizio Co-Star, OTA Update V3.4.0 Nov 2, 2012 just released ....
    This Update Includes:

- Improved System Performance And Responsiveness.

- Google TV Update, With Expanded Access To Apps, Movies And TV Shows In The New Google Play Store.
    Go here http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...lble-v3-4-0-nov-2-2012-new-just-released.html

*Follow the link below, we will help you get and keep your Co-Star running smooth as silk 24/7 and tips about the two sided remote that nobody is going to tell you ... We make it all real easy for you, go here http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...io-co-star-reviews-your-hands-experience.html !

>SNIP

and this is posted after every review and notice the "we will help you" that implies that this practice is ok by the googletvforums.org..
    but i think that the Amazon review section is for reviews and open dialog customers.... not to devalue, discredit or spam out a huge form letter telling the customer "well you got it all wrong, its not the box... just go to googletvforums.org and WE will set you straight" More imformation is always welcomed.... but this seems like an adgenda being pushed... it may be ok with every one.. but it just seems like a tacky way to push the site...

are the forums members ok with this kinda self promotion in the Amazon Reviews of the Costar streaming box?

it just seems wrong... but again its your forum.... what say you?

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I am not following you, it appears this is just an individual commenting on reviews and offering an opinion, often contrary to the review but as far as I know there is nothing wrong with that. If Amazon users indicate the comments are not helpful, they become blocked and require user action to enable reading the comments, basically saying let me read the comments anyway. If there is a written policy against commenting on Amazon reviews too often, I have never seen the policy.

Wisdom is certainly an enthusiastic Co-Star owner and user but I see nothing wrong with that. My conclusion based my research is that the Co-Star is the worst of the Google TV boxes so I don't own one.

3. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

ok i will bite, no where else have i found and example of such zeal in the amazon review section.. and some times the reviewer he is responding to in not even saying anything bad about the unit... but this same post goes up.. even if it is not pertaining to the review... if the guy is sending back the unit because he just dose not like it.... this same spam will be posted up... and the fact that it is so bias and it is so strongly linked to the google forum site... it may not be wrong to do this according to policy... granted but i have not found and example of posting up a form letter that applies to every review regardless of content of review, on any other product reviewed.. it seems like it pushes an agenda and it promotes this site in doing so... which may be ok with the fourm... as i said... its your forum... but reviews are there for dialog between purchasers... i dont think that its a place where you should push your agenda what ever it be... as i said its your forum.... if you dont mind it that ok... but i think its tacky and to tie it to gooogletvfourms in such a strong way seems like seems like a advert for the site... if you can show me anywhere else in all of the review section of amazon this same sorta responding to every single review with the same boiler plate form letter including links to a supportive forum is happening... then i will offer a full apology..
    i dont think there is a policy for the comment seciton... not that i have found.... but hell, there nothing wrong with having bad form... its just such a unique example i thought that it was beyond the bounds,,, still do...

its yall fourm... ya seem to be ok with it.... whatever.

4. dtaylor

dtaylor Member

"Wisdom" is just a regular member here just like you and I. He doesn't represent googletvforums.org. He just happens to be an enthusiastic Co-star owner and an enthusiastic forum member. The admins/owners of this site don't control what random people post on Amazon. If you have an issue you should take it up with Amazon themselves. This is the first time this has even been mentioned on the forums so I don't know how you can say the forums condone the action.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

5. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

If you can find the comments violate Amazon rules, I think it should be reported, I would even report it if I knew that was the case. You haven't provided any Amazon rule violation and I am not aware of any Amazon rule that is being violated. You don't like the comments or find that comments are like spam or just annoying, I tend to agree in some cases but Amazon doesn't require comments be something we like to read. Amazon permits links with reviews as long as the links aren't intended to sell products or violate other Amazon rules in some manner.

Reading some of Wisdom's posts, I think he is just trying to help. He isn't helpful to me but I don't need his help and don't have any problems using Google TV to do the things I want to do. Reading posts from users needing help and reviews on Amazon, it is clear to me a lot of Google TV owners don't have a clue how to use the devices and are in need of a great amount of help. The negative Google TV reviews include so much false information, it is mind boggling sometimes, how can they be so wrong about so much?

6. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

looks like amazon though it was spam too. one i alearted them to the spammy abuse, datatronics was made an unperson... vanished, gone.. awell,, to those that are up set with this... tuff darts farmer... and so it goes...