Quantcast

White screen

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by Asprings317, May 13, 2011.

1. Asprings317

Asprings317 New Member

When I turn on the google tv the logo comes up and sound is on but then the screen goes black then white so I can't access anything. I have tried restarting the unit a few times and no luck any ideas?

2. verymadguy

verymadguy New Member

i turned on my NSX-32GTX1 today and white splotches appear and slowly turn the entire screen white. the audio works and control functions normally just a white blank picture. i have had the tv for approx. 5 days and never had a problem till now. im about to return it and buy a regular tv unless i get some helpful feedback. i can NOT do factory reset b.c my screen is blank. i have unplugged, rebooted w/ controller, and turned it on and off already so please don't advise me to do so again. I would LOVE to see some instant feedback for i am very frustrated with this purchase. thank you.

ADMIN EDIT: This post was merged into this thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2011
  3. verymadguy

verymadguy New Member

also having the same problem and still no official post or solution is making me seem like i should just return this tv

4. Maconsultant

Maconsultant Member

I have 2 Sony Google TV's and I have never experienced this issue. I just turned one on after reading this post and it powered up fine. I would suggest if it's still within your return policy to take it back to where you bought it and exchange it for a new one or get a refund. I have had my sets for a couple months and never had any major issues..

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

5. verymadguy

verymadguy New Member

i envy your successful televisions but i would really like to know what causes this problem so it doesn't happen again and if i don't i can assure you i will not be exchanging it for another one or refer it to anyone i know for that matter. so please, any insight into this problem by a administrator would be greatly appreciated.

6. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Is it the actual sony Television verymadguy or some other google tv model as I know a way you can use recovery mode with a sony google television set but I doubt it works with other types of google tv machines.

7. verymadguy

verymadguy New Member

yes sir it is the exact same model as you if you could help me out i would greatly appreciate it. i have the t.v. in the box right now taking it back. but the screen goes black to white w.o the sony logo showing up

8. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Well then you may have to take it back as my fix involves unplugging it and pressing and holding the power button on the tv down and plug it in until the sony logo shows up and then releasing the power button as that is what they told me to do to get in to recovery mode.

I am not sure if it will work without seeing the sony logo but you could try it.

9. verymadguy

verymadguy New Member

i will give it a try, thank you!

10. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

If it works you should see a numbered menu of choices with recovery mode being one of them if I remember.

The menu should be the same menu you see in this youtube video -

Or close to it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  11. xpsoliver

xpsoliver New Member

I've had the same exact problem. I have a NSX-32GT1 for 2 days now, purchased new from Tigerdirect. Starting tonight, google chrome crashes, I get an error message, and then when I try to go back into chrome, closing and opening a new tab, all I get is a white screen. There is nothing I can do except press control+alt+delete, and reboot everything. The problem is, is freezes up AGAIN within 1 minute after resetting everything. This has happened 5 times in a row.

I called sony support to try and get their advice, but all they said to do was to a factory data reset. I did the factory data reset, tried opening google chrome again, and sure enough, within 1 minute, I got an error message, it froze, and I got the white screen of death. Sony support's advice was useless.

Now I'm on hold again, probably for another 15 minutes, to get their next useless piece of advice. It's a shame- I was really starting to like this tv.