Quantcast

White screen when I turn my Logitech Revue on

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by tenabodena, Sep 3, 2012.

1. tenabodena

tenabodena New Member

Recently my [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Logitech 997-000185 Revue With Google TV[/FONT] has stopped working and all I get is a white screen. I returned the box and got a replacement when I connected up the new one. Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with it and my TV connection?

2. Betaguy

Betaguy New Member

Very little info. Did you do a factory reset? Did you check your router and firewall? Did you dump your cookies?

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Is your Revue connected to a cable box?

4. tenabodena

tenabodena New Member

Yes I did a factory reset. How do I dump my cookies?

5. tenabodena

tenabodena New Member

No, it is connected straight up to the TV, no cable TV box at all.

6. CatfishRivers

Are you able to connect other devices successfully to your TV through that same HDMI port (using the same HDMI cable)?

Try switching HDMI ports and HDMI cables.

Also try unplugging your TV for a few minutes - and then plugging it back in.

7. tenabodena

tenabodena New Member

Thank you so much for your help. I am at a total loss. I don't have any other devises to connect o see if its the port. I have a Vizio TV. Idon't think its the cable because this is my second GTV box and the first one was doing the same thing.

I just tried unplugging everything for about 15 seconds, then plugged it all back and started it all up. I hit the reset button again and let it reboot. It goes through a series of showing a screen with the Logitech?GTV logo, then a blue screen for 8-10 sec's, then a few sec's of a red screen, then back to blue and then to a blank white, and stops. Nothing else. The white screen remains.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  8. CatfishRivers

I did a search for "White screen" on the Logitech Revue forum - and this is what I came up with:

Search - Logitech Forums

I read some of the threads - a few users got a grey screen - and it was suggested that the cause might be an HDCP issue with the TV. Do you have a setting menu on your TV to enable 720P input with the HDMI? It was mentioned that some TVs have a setting for this - although my Vizio HDTV does that function automatically. You could also try taking your Revue to a friend's/relative's house and testing it on another TV. If it fails again on another TV - then we would know that the issue is with your Revue and not the TV.

Also some Revues had corrupted firmware. Try leaving the white screen on for a long time - and if a triangle with an exclamation point eventually comes on the screen - then you likely have a faulty Revue with corrupt firmware.

Do you do the factory reset by pushing (and holding) the button on the back of the Revue for approx. 45 seconds? That is the recommended procedure. Also try factory resetting your router - and if that doesn't help then try connecting directly to a modem by ethernet (removing your router).

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  9. tenabodena

tenabodena New Member

I guess I'll go buy an Ethernet cable and see if this works to directly connect it to the modem. And then try taking it somewhere else.

My Vizio does not have any settings to access a 720P input. I think its automatic.

Upon the last reset, I received the Logitech logo (first time for that) of the rainbow color squares in the box with a grey box with lines through it like it was processing something, but then it went to the blank screen series again.

I am beginning to think its corrupted firmware but seriously, how likely is it that I get 2 boxes with corrupted firmware!?!?!!? So maybe not.

10. donc13

donc13 Member

It's your tv or the hdmi cable. It is NOT your revue.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

11. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Have you connected the Revue to a different display?