Quantcast

While streaming or using netflix app i cant get SURROUND SOUND !?!?!

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by beloved, Nov 5, 2011.

1. beloved

beloved New Member

Good day everyone im very new to this whole forum thing :)... now to state i love my new google tv !!! love it !!

----- now here is the vegetables (the bad) i cant get surround sound to work on anything besides my cable box....
    thus meaning if i use my netflix app it doesnt come in surround sound, or if i stream from my computer it wont come in surround sound either just stereo front speakers

I apologize if i sounded as if im ranting but again i love my tv just feel like i just got-got by sony lol cause the surround sound is a deal breaker lol please anyone if they can help any suggestion would be helpful and appreciated

my setup is fios cable box>>> sony dvd reciever >>> 46inch google internet tv.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Is your AV Receiver HDMI-ARC compatible and is plugged into the HDMI1 (ARC) port on the Sony Internet TV?

You might have to plug in an optical digital cable from the back of the TV into the AV receiver. Then your set the audio settings to PCM. This will allow your AV Receiver to use the post processing for virtual surround sound. Btw, the current Netflix app on Google TV only supports Stereo not 5.1.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  3. macdude

macdude New Member

I have noticed this too. My I have an optical cable running from my Revue to the AVR and I get 5.1 from the Direct TV box. The Netflix app is only 2.0. Bummer. Is there any plans to make the change? I think it would be Netflix that needs to update the app. If I really want 5.1 I just go to my Roku but it would be nice to have it on the Google TV.