Quantcast

Which Keyboard/Mouse combo to use

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by lartomar2002, Aug 30, 2012.

1. lartomar2002

lartomar2002 New Member

Can someone recommend a bluetooth keyboard and mouse combo (preferably with backlight but not necessary) that is compatible with the Co - Star/Onlive ? My old eyes and heavy fingers are not the most compatible with the remote. :)

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I hear you but I don't think you would want to buy any currently available Bluetooth keyboard for use with the Co-Star. I hope Vizio realizes this is a need and is working with Logitech or some other company or is developing one itself to sell as an accessory. If you must have one now, one that isn't specifically designed for Google TV which will guarantee many shortcomings, eventually somebody will check keyboards sitting around they might have and you can get some ideas. I have the Logitech Mediaboard Pro I use with a PS3, it is one possibility but I don't have a Co-Star to be able to check and I have never even used it with anything other than a PS3. I used it last night with a PS3 for Hulu Plus, just signed up for a free week trial since I have given up on Hulu Plus being added to Google TV.

3. Rrok007

Rrok007 New Member

While not bluetooth. I have been using the Logitech MK360 mouse and keyboard combo with my Co-star. It means using the USB port for the reciever, but it works.

I'm going to try using a hub this weekend to see if I can have the receiver for the keyboard and connect a flash drive at the same time.

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

For now, I think the best keyboard would be the Logitech K700 and that could be used with any Logitech unifying receiver mouse but it has touchpad so use without a mouse might be acceptable. It is RF, not Bluetooth, and ultimately I would expect a Bluetooth solution that works best will be available, assuming the product is a success.

5. lartomar2002

lartomar2002 New Member

I am using a Rosewill 7 port powered hub that has a WD My Passport 500gb, Onlive Universal Wireless Controller bluetooth receiver and a usb laptop external cooling fan with the CoStar sitting over one of the cooling fans(I was a little concerned about the heat being generated by the Co- Star). And everything works fine.

6. Rrok007

Rrok007 New Member

Well I guess that answers the USB Hub question! :D

For some reason, I hadn't thought of using a cooling fan unit underneath the Co-Star. What I had noticed was the line of vents running the outside of the Co-Star's bottom. I had figured that just placing it on a pedistal about the area of the rubber feet would be sufficient.

7. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

I will be picking up a USB fan this weekend from Walmart, I think a cooling system is better for the Co-Star performance wise ....

8. Rrok007

Rrok007 New Member

I'm thinking about doing that myself.