Quantcast

Which apps to shut down to boost cache

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by canbonbon, Oct 22, 2013.

1. canbonbon

canbonbon New Member

I mostly use Revue to watch my own movies using Vimu app. However, my available cache is always in 257K range. I have installed the Ram Booster app and that has helped but I still see a lot of apps that are running that I don't think I use. Is there a list of essential Apps so that I can shut down (maybe even uninstall) the rest of the apps that are consuming my cache? I tried to search but could not get any hits. I would really appreciate if someone could assist in this.

Thanks,

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

If you close open windows and clear Chrome cache that frees up some Ram. Also when you reboot that clears up Ram.

If you have 275 MB of free RAM that is within the normal range for your Revue. I don't have any apps installed and right now I'm at 150 MB of free RAM. Just the ordinary operation of the device uses this amount of RAM. The Revue only comes with 1GB of RAM. Much of that is used for everyday operation.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I don't know which apps to shut down but I do know that I try to have only the absolutely necessary apps running at any given time. With the Logitech Revue, I was able to keep free RAM at around 300MB when in use. For some reason, both of the Sony models I use in the same way are usually at around 280MB free. When Google TV is not running properly, I use Smart RAM Booster which closes unneeded apps quickly. If free RAM is at 150 or less, things are usually running very slowly or not at all.

4. galfert

galfert Active Member

Too bad App Cache Cleaner from Infolife LLC doesn't work on GTV. I use it on my phone and tablet. Works great.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I just rebooted and my free RAM went from 150MB to 270MB. The longer I web surf and stay online gradually the free RAM will decrease again.

I got that reading of available RAM by going to system settings ---> applications ----> running services. I noticed that the amount of free RAM displayed by the RAM Booster app doesn't always exactly equal the amount shown from running services.

The only apps on my Revue are the original versions of the pre-installed apps that came with the Revue.

My Chrome browser has actually been pretty stable this way.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013