Quantcast

Which Android tv box to buy?

Discussion in 'Android TV' started by adamjackson, Mar 2, 2017.

1. adamjackson

adamjackson New Member

Hi there.

I'm a Canadian looking to buy an Android box. But I'm not a techie and find the options out there overwhelming. So I thought I'd come here for help. I've had people recommend different android boxes, chromecast and apple tv. But no solid concrete opinions.

I'm looking for a good device to run netflix, kodi, etc. I don't mind paying for a quality product and would prefer to pay more for a worthwhile product, but I think the higher end devices (Nvidia) are likely overkill for me.

I'd very much appreciate hearing everyone's opinion and/or, if you like, post a link to the product through amazon.ca

Thanks in advance!

Tags: black beatles song lyrics, closer song lyrics, cold song lyrics

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  2. Vispen74

Vispen74 New Member

Xiaomi mi box is the simple answer. Why? It is at the moment the only box running the real Android-TV OS that is meant to be controlled by a ordinary remote, and also Kodi and other stuff works right out of the box with full support for videocodecs and Audio passthrough. If you follow any forums of Android boxes, you know that the most other boxes have more or less problems with things like that. The second one is the Nvidia shield, but that is overkill for those who are not gaming. It is also possible to run ordinary Android apps on a the Android-TV if something is missing from the Android-TV Play store.

Sent from my Nokia 3110i

3. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Member

4. Frank55

Frank55 New Member