Quantcast

Where is "Generic Video Input" Video Input Option to Configure Control Set Top Box?

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by oblivion0, Jun 11, 2014.

1. oblivion0

oblivion0 New Member

Hello Everyone,

My GS8 arrived today and I'm trying to setup remote/passthrough support for my HomeWorx HW180STB, as it worked with the Logitech Revue I am replacing the GS8 with.

In reviewing the "Video Input" options on the GS8, I don't see the "Generic Video Input" option I had available on my Revue. Any idea how I can get this working? Note I use OTA, so the HomeWorx device is just a means to view TV via GTV, and I liked having the remote control capability in one device.

Thanks.

2. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

I never owned a Revue, but from reading the forum, it apparently supported more devices and was more flexible than the Sony or other Google TV devices. I'm not sure how you'll be able to get it to work unless you can find a device in the list that just happens to support the same IR codes.

• Like Like x 2
  3. oblivion0

oblivion0 New Member

Thanks for responding so fast. This is a bummer to hear!

4. oblivion0

oblivion0 New Member

Spoke with Sony support. It's definitely not compatible - the rep said the device has limited to no support for most digital converters, but couldn't provide a specific available list of supported set top box units.

Bummer! Might have to return this. :(

5. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I have both Google TV models and use OTA and I often repeat the statement that the Logitech Revue supports more devices, including providing support for models out of the mainstream. All I have are mainstream devices to be controlled by Google TV, supported by both brands, so the difference doesn't mean anything for my situation. I can't say for sure whether there is a clone of the HomeWorx HW180STB included in the Sony NSZ-GS7/GS8 database but my guess is no. I can say that other than more limited IR control options, the Sony models are better, more stable boxes than the Logitech Revue so I use Sony Google TV boxes with each of three HDTVs in the house now, the Revues have been retired except for the fact that I use the Logitech Revue K700 keyboards to control the Sony boxes.

6. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  7. oblivion0

oblivion0 New Member

Thanks Chris. Not 100% sure about giving up the GS8 yet...may bite the bullet on a new converter if I can find a HW listing for the unit OR if Google makes a big announcement during I/O that reinvigorates support for the platform.