Quantcast

Where are my bookmarks in 3.1 located?

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by popeye123, Nov 20, 2011.

1. popeye123

popeye123 New Member

i can not find my bookmarks in 3.1
    where are they located?
    Thanks

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

The bookmarks from 2.1 have been split into two separate screens: "Favorite Channels" and "Bookmarks". They can be accessed respectively while in either the Live TV or the Chrome app by pressing the GTV Home > Favorite Channels/Bookmarks or a long key press of the GTV Bookmark button (represented by the star symbol).

3. gdstuart

gdstuart New Member

I'm looking for my several hundred Chrome bookmarks (stored in the Other Bookmarks folder in Chrome on my Win XP PC). Now that GTV has been improved, I may actually want to use Chrome on GTV, but my Bookmarks folder is not anywhere to be found. Chrome is supposed to sync to all platforms, but I'm not seeing them on GTV. Anybody know where they are or how to activate Sync on GTV?

Geoff Stuart
    Sony GTV NSX-24GT1

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It is a misnomer that they are actually "synchronized" on Google TV. You can actually use Google's Cloud Bookmarks for Chrome OR your local bookmarks in Chrome for Google TV. To toggle between the two, open Chrome press GTV Menu > Settings > Google Chrome Sync: Bookmarks. A checkmark will cause Chrome will reference the Cloud repository. Having an empty box will use the local bookmarks.

5. gdstuart

gdstuart New Member

Not familiar with Google Cloud Bookmarks. Are my PC's Chrome Bookmarks stored there? If not, then how do I get them there? Do I have to change a setting in Chrome on my PC? I have looked in Chrome Options and don't see anything there about Cloud. In fact, I just disabled Chrome Sync because I installed Xmarks as advised in other posts and Xmarks conflicts with Chrome Sync.

eferz, can you help me unravel this mystery?

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Sorry, I didn't mean to infer that there's a Google product named, "Cloud Bookmarks". Google keeps a copy of your bookmarks for Chrome "in the Cloud" when Chrome Sync is enabled.

7. gdstuart

gdstuart New Member

I checked the box and restarted the Sony unit, but long-pressing the star key still shows me the GTV pre-set bookmarks when I'm in Chrome.

8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Right below the "Google Chrome Sync: Bookmarks" is the "Google Account" setting. Is the account selected also the same for Google Sync for Chrome on your PC? If account listed in the Google Account setting doesn't have any Chrome bookmarks sync'd to the Cloud then you'll only see the default bookmarks that came with Google TV.

9. gdstuart

gdstuart New Member

Well, now everything is set up correctly, and I see my Chrome folders when I long-press the star key. But the folders are all empty and the Google process is failing repeatedly (I get the Force Close button every few minutes). I have rebooted the Sony unit several times but Chrome is basically unusable now. Is there an upper limit to the number of bookmarks?

10. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I dunno, I'm guessing that you're over the limit though. Most likely you have too many bookmarks that it is inundating the platform's resources. The Revue does not have the prowess of a full-fledged PC. So, you might be doing the same thing that various web developers are doing with their Flash applications by disregarding Google TV's limited resources.