Quantcast

What's your setup with remote control and controlling TV/GTV/Receiver/Set Top Box

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by mpovolo, Oct 1, 2012.

1. mpovolo

mpovolo New Member

WAF factor for me is critical, wondering how everyone else has their setup working best. I have a Logtech RF remote that seemed to work best for controlling everything but doesn't work with the Sony GTV, not that I am aware of. Curious on what other people have setup to see if I get some ideas.

My current setup:
    IR cable run from GTV and sitting under the TV which is mounted on the wall
    All my equipment inside a cabinet
    Use Logitech RF remote that is setup only for the set top box. Use this to change channels and control the DVR
    I have the TV converter sitting on the mantle and use it only to turn on the TV, with CEC enable my amp also turns on when I power the TV

2. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

The Sony has an IR Blaster that you can use so the Sony remote can control a TV/AVR/DVR that's outside the range of it's internal IR blaster, but even if you could control the GTV with a universal remote you'd be giving up the trackpad. otoh, the ability to go from the TV & Movie apps right to a channel is a WAF+ feature. The inability to record from that interface is WAF- ... although perhaps Dish can do this?