Quantcast

"What's on" works only intermittently

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by mcorley929, Dec 28, 2010.

1. mcorley929

mcorley929 New Member

What's going on with the "What's on" menu function? It's one of my favorite features on my Logitech Revue and worked fine until about Christmas day. Now it's mostly unresponsive, working fine one day, then dead the next day. System resets (both soft-Ctrl-Alt-Del and full restore factory settings) fail to improve the situation. I've seen a couple of posts from others who have reported this problem. I wonder how widespread it is. Is GTV consulting a service from my cable provider or does Google have all this information directly? Any way to "wake up" the What's on service?

2. janice4748

janice4748 New Member

did you find any help with this problem?? i love this feature and mine is not working at all now

3. phantomandy

phantomandy New Member

I got my Sony Internet TV a 3 or 4 weeks ago and I've noticed that the 'What's On' feature is completed blank for me. I've checked it many times and initially thought it was related to my EPG that's built into the TV not being setup. I got Rovi EPG working but still nothing on the 'What's On' feature.

Doing searches for things also never yields any matches relevant to my channel lineup. Shame really - that was one of the big selling points for me. I love many aspects of the GTV but am getting ready to drop a laptop behind the cabinet to support Hulu and potentially some other things on the TV making the Google TV feature of this TV a diminished value. I'm hoping future updates will resolve that, especially the new version of GTV that's in the pipeline.